Friday, February 27, 2009

Yes we can!

My Zimbio
Top Stories

After reading some comments posted on my Facebook account, concerning our deviant Washington scoundrels, I wrote a little poem responding to my politically savvy friends! So I want to say thank you to all of you who responded and consequently inspired me to take my writing to the next level. Long Live Liberty, the American Dream, our Unalienable Rights & God Bless America Please!

Tea Parties are great.
As duly noted too late.
But where our power lies,
Is not within our eyes.

We are human, same as the elite.
But we kneel at the makers feet.
Our rights and currency they may keep .
But revulsion they shall reap.

Although they may seem to win,
They conquer us by sin.
Yet by the will of God, we retain
A faith and courage to sustain.

Though the queen may count us ignorant, unthinking.
We are not too naive to know when somethings stinking.
So, yes we can protest.. do not give in to fear.
We mustn't devolve our liberty my dear.

But where have we been these many years...
Where have we kept our bottled fears...
Now is not the time to tv watch and tow the line
Organize, I say... instead of whine!

Jeff Bennington

No comments: